Friday, March 25, 2011

One month

Today is one month to the day since we put our debt snowball plan into action.  Since that time we've saved some money, and it's a great feeling.  With things being so uneasy at work with the legislative session underway, I was really starting to get nervous about how we would manage if one of us lost our jobs.  While I still don't know how we would manage, I at least feel like I'm doing something to lessen the load - just in case. 

I canceled my yoga membership.  This was very hard to do because yoga essentially changed my life during a stressful time, but there's no reason why I can't incorporate yoga into my life OUTSIDE of a studio, and I do. Savings = $55/month.

In February, we paid off our king mattress we financed (interest free) almost 2 years ago. That is saving us $71/month.

This month we paid off our A/C that we financed when we bought our house.  We weren't too happy when a month after moving into our house the entire unit died. With that FINALLY paid off, we now no longer owe the credit union $80/month.

I feel very happy with what we've accomplished in just one month's time.  It has been hard, but I feel more energized than ever.  Our goal for April is to pay off our Sam's Club credit card.  This is our only credit card. I made a big payment on it the other day, so it's on its way to death. I can't wait to get through these smaller debts so we can really begin the difficult process (student loans).

2 comments:

  1. That is so so awesome!!!! You have really encouraged us to start looking at our stuff in a different way and figure out a way to tackle it one day at a time, one bill at a time. Yay, what a great feeling!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I can't tell you how good it feels....Logging onto Bank of America bill pay and deleting 2 of my "pay to accounts" was a wonderful feeling. I know once we start paying down Patrick's student loan it's going to get really hard. I have to keep the motivation going. ;-)

    ReplyDelete