Well, after 2 months of living out of hotels, Monday-Friday, I am finally finished training my first class. I think it went very well for my first go, and the employees seem excited to get to work. We had a great graduation celebration yesterday. I bought grad decorations from Dollar Tree, and we had a nice potluck. They got me the sweetest card with a gift card to Dunkin Donuts (they know how much I love my iced coffee), and most importantly they bought this tree picture frame, with all of their pictures hanging from the branches. They said it is our family tree. Awwww. It's double sided, so one side is their individual faces, and the other side has their funny face pictures. It'll be perfect to sit on my desk at work. It also says "Thanks Marcie - we appreciate you." (It probably would have just been easier to post a picture, but it made me cry.) So sweet!!!
Patrick came up with me on Sunday night so he got to see the place, and we had a great time. It meant a lot to me for him to come and see my other life. ;-)
Now, we are off work for the next 5 days, and I couldn't be happier to be HOME.
That is so sweet!!! See the impact you are having already, and it's your first class. I am so glad that you took this job - I think it suits you so well, even though it keeps you away from home a lot. I think you'll find it so fulfilling...
ReplyDeleteI hope you're right!!! It definitely was cute, lol. I hope the feeling continues. ;-)
ReplyDelete