We did meet our goal of paying off our Sam's Club credit card last month. I'm really proud of our accomplishments right now. I can officially say we have no credit card debt or any debt other than house, one car, and student loans. Sounds good! Unfortunately, the student loan debt amounts to having 2 really nice cars, so it's really NOT so good. But hey, I'll take our successes where we can get them. Nonetheless, I am happy our credit card and other independent financings are paid off.
Next up, I am tackling the only private student loan I have. Luckily, it has a relatively small balance. However, due to some uncertainties right now with Patrick's job, I am only putting the money aside rather than making a payment just in case we need to dip into our emergency fund a little. Hopefully everything will work out, and we'll be okay.... And, since we'll be paying 3% into our pensions effective July 1st (Thanks legislature!) I want to prepare for that slight reduction in income too.
That is really awesome, Marcie! I'm so proud of you! I'll be sending you both good thoughts as far as Patrick's job is concerned.
ReplyDeleteI'm so proud of you guys! I'm hating that we're going to have to start paying into our pensions - but I guess we should consider ourselves lucky that it's only 3%? Ha, I know... not exactly lucky but you know what I mean...
ReplyDeleteYay for debt free! Love ya wifey!
ReplyDelete