Sunday, May 8, 2011

Welcoming a routine

Now that work travel is essentially over for me (at least in the great excess of the past two months), I am looking forward to re-establishing a routine.  Usually I frown at the predictability of routines, though they are obviously necessary, but after living in the hotel for the past 2 months, I welcome all things consistent!  I am looking forward to going back to work tomorrow, in Tampa, and driving with Patrick. I am looking forward to sitting in my nice comfy chair in my nice comfy office and seeing my friends!

I am also thrilled to know I'll be waking up to my delicious iced coffee.  Who knew I'd get so tired of Starbucks and Dunkin Donuts??  The coffee we make at home is SO much better! It feels good to say that!  Speaking of food, I definitely need to start eating better.  I'm a little tired of dining out. I've eaten so much fast food lately due to unplanned and rushed meals, and it's showing.  Ugg. I can't wait to have packed lunches and better planned dinners!  I can't wait for exercising during lunch time.  I miss my daily walks.

There's no place like home.  Since the housing market is really not improving, I need to put a little more energy at enjoying my home and making some improvements.  It doesn't look like we'll be going anywhere anytime too soon. Lately we've been spending a lot of time on our screened porch. I am looking forward to making this a more enjoyable space in the coming weeks.

4 comments:

  1. It's so important to have a place at home that you can relax and unwind... we love our porch for that reason. I hope you find your porch comforting and relaxing!! And we're so glad we get to see you more often again soon!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for being home!!!! Yay for homemade coffee!!! Yay for yummy dinners!!! I can't wait to hear more about your porch plans. I'd like to (one day) tile ours and figure out a solution to the flooding.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The porch seriously needs some major renovation but nothing that's an emergency. Wendy, I've mentioned your porch so many times in my porch discussions with Patrick because it's one of the nicest I've ever seen. I wish we had that space!! Our porch is definitely cozy, but we'll make do. I definitely need some kind of outdoor area I can enjoy that does not have mosquitos! For the longest time we enjoyed our front patio, but it's gotten impossible. The positives for our porch is that we have a ceiling fan, and it has windows that can be closed. The A/C also has a vent out there, though I question how well it actually works. For now we have it closed off completely. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Michelle, I'm glad to have a better schedule too! It's great to see you again.

    ReplyDelete