This year I would like to make Sundays a little more meaningful for us - something to look forward to in the week rather than dread. Right now, Sundays always seem to signify the transition back to work, while Saturdays are usually filled with fun and a more carefree attitude. I'd really like to spend less time with cleaning/errands and more time enjoying the day.
Sundays always begin with Sunday morning coffee with Patrick and the bassets. It's definitely my favorite part of the day because it's so peaceful, and we all just sit on the couch waking up and talking. Well, okay, Patrick and I are the only ones talking, and the bassets are cuddling....
It is also the one day where I (mostly) let Patrick sleep in a little bit. I still wake up at my annoyingly early times, but I usually let him sleep until 9 - usually. I don't mind it so much because it gives me a little more alone time. And, on cooler mornings such as this, I open the front door and let the air come in while I unload the dishwasher and start the coffee.
So, sadly, today is going to be one of those days where it's the typical Sunday. Our house needs to be cleaned, and one of the vehicles needs an oil change. I am going to start coming up with ways to enjoy this day a little more in the coming weeks.
Zen is what you make it M, something can only be a chore or something terrible if you let it be.
ReplyDelete