Sunday, January 9, 2011

Things

This year is off to a quick start!  By the end of this week, we'll already be halfway through January!  Crazy.  My new job is going well.  I'm still sitting through a training class that will run the remainder of this month.  It's useful to watch the trainer (who ironically was my trainer when I was hired, so I know her well) train the class, and I am helping a lot with the hands on computer stuff.  I'll be able to teach a little bit of the policy in coming weeks, so I can get the hang of it.  I think once I get into my own personal groove and style, I will really enjoy the job.  While I miss my unit, I do NOT miss supervising, and being responsible for only myself is a dream.  Yes, I am responsible for the training class in many ways - training them so they can pass their tests, etc- but once they graduate from class, they are no longer mine. I'm also anxious to see what my downtime will consist of since I will not be training classes back to back.  Since it's a new position, I know there will be lots of things to work out in the coming months.  My first class will be in Ocala, and I'll be there for a month to 6 weeks.  It'll be a long haul, but I'm looking forward to it!

With our new leadership now in office, I am also very concerned about the future of our jobs.  This is the first year I was every truly concerned.  But, to keep the inner peace, I am trying to remind myself that no matter what happens, we will survive, and there's no use worrying about things right now.  I just need to keep myself away from tallahassee.com/floridacapitalnews.com, which has nothing but speculation after speculation and is enough to drive anyone crazy.

Next weekend we're going to Sarasota again for our 3rd annual Sarasota MLK weekend.  We'll be there 2 nights.  Even though we snuck in an extra stay this past October, I still want to go back.  I absolutely love the hotel where we stay, and I love the downtown area.  Since we've been so many times we can truly relax because we're not running around trying to see/do everything.  It's a nice kind of familiar.  It'll be our last long (scheduled) weekend until Memorial Day - ouch.

4 comments:

  1. Looking forward to the weekend with you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds wonderful!! The weekend away will do you both some good, and it'll remind you of what's important. :) Plus, you guys love Sarasota!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. When do you leave for your long stay in ocala? Enjoy sarasota! Sounds wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not entirely sure when I leave for Ocala just yet. I know I'll be in this current class until the end of this month, so maybe next month some time? Everything is so up in the air, unfortunately. :-)

    ReplyDelete